Smudging x Sweet Grass x Small
This product is currently sold out.
This is for one small piece.
An ancient healing herb from the Northern Prairies, Wacanga, or Sweetgrass has held a prominent place in ritual and prayer for millennia. The sweet, pungent aroma of sweetgrass is unmistakable and is said to illuminate a space with positive energy and spirits.
The Latin name, “hierchloe odorata” translates as “sacred grass” and is found both in Europe and America. We source our Sweetgrass from Canada where it is carefully hand harvested in Autumn, braided, and dried. Burning Sweetgrass with white sage is a perfect combo, creating a cyclical energy flow.
The thickness of our braids varies seasonally.
Sweetgrass is burned for smudging. It is believed to please everybody and bring good vibes. If you want to rid more negative energy you may also want to burn some sage as well.
- Cut off the end of the braid. You want to cut off the end that is a little more dried out and has less green in it.
- Please place the cut off end somewhere outside, don't just throw it away (its a special plant).
- Light the cut end of the braid by holding it in the flame and gently rotating the braid.
- Blow on the lit end.
- Gently shake the braid around your area.
- The braid will burn by producing smoke, there should be no flame.
Stamp it against the side of your non-flammable container.
Price is for one.
PLEASE NOTE: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN BURNING. NEVER LEAVE UNATTENDED. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN AND ANIMALS
Sorry only available in New Zealand